Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 02:37:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Please note: Anyone posting ads not relating to FBI or FBI games or posting other unsolicited spam will be removed from this forum, will have all their posts removed, and will be banned from rejoining.

*** DO NOT POST SPAM!!! ***

Want to become a member???

Due to the huge amount of spam, registration is now completely manual. To become a member of the board, send an email to:

craig@october.com.au

Please be sure to include some info about the games you play so we know you're serious and not a spammer!! :-) Also choose a username (maybe one of your player names?).
We'll reply with your login details.

+  Flying Buffalo Forums
|-+  Feudal Lords
| |-+  Feudal Lords Strategies
| | |-+  Players?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Players?  (Read 2331 times)
GrumpyHumbug

View Profile
Players?
« on: July 31, 2008, 04:51:09 AM »

Does anyone still play this game?  I've been interested in signing up for one but wasn't sure if it's still around.

Ian
The Grumpy Humbug
prodigal

View Profile
Re: Players?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »

I think people might still play. The waiting list for a 3-week game got up to 8 players and then a game of it seemed to started up at the end of June.

I don't remember much about it except that it was a fun little game.  I don't think I ever played it at Flying Buffalo though, but rather at Graaf (along with Continental Rails).

If enough people express interest, i wouldn't mind playing one again.
Sub Dude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 04:06:29 PM »

I've started twice.  So far, it is rather difficult to follow / learn, but I will stick with it as it is pretty entertaining.  You start off only being able to write 12 orders, so you have to pick and choose them wisely!

You should give it a try, Ian.

"Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in?"
-   Brad Stine
Heime

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »

Feudal Lords can be frustrating as it has a lot of randomness (the battles can swing the right/wrong way easily). There are also random events that could help or hurt you each turn. It is fun, but not for those who dislike the bad dice roll effect on their strategy.

Speaking of strategies, the most common is to get an ally and each buy favors of a land next to each other. Then each of you order the fief next to the ally away so it's easier for each ally to take the fief they are attacking. This works in bigger groups as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length