Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 03:27:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Please note: Anyone posting ads not relating to FBI or FBI games or posting other unsolicited spam will be removed from this forum, will have all their posts removed, and will be banned from rejoining.

*** DO NOT POST SPAM!!! ***

Want to become a member???

Due to the huge amount of spam, registration is now completely manual. To become a member of the board, send an email to:

craig@october.com.au

Please be sure to include some info about the games you play so we know you're serious and not a spammer!! :-) Also choose a username (maybe one of your player names?).
We'll reply with your login details.

+  Flying Buffalo Forums
|-+  Nuclear Destruction
| |-+  Nuclear Destruction Strategies
| | |-+  Players?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Players?  (Read 2242 times)
GrumpyHumbug

View Profile
Players?
« on: August 12, 2008, 05:17:14 AM »

Is anyone out there in ForumLand who plays this?  I hadn't heard of the game until recently, and wonder what people think of it before I sign up for a game.

Ian
The Grumpy Humbug
Sub Dude

View Profile
Re: Players?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 04:03:49 PM »

I figured the best way to learn it was to sign up, so I did.  $2.50 a turn is less than it takes to fill up my LAWN MOWER, so the cost is next to nothing. 

Just got started in ND-834, as Canada.  Apparently this was FBI's first PBM game. 

Obviously I don't have any grand strategy hints at this time.

"Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in?"
-   Brad Stine
Heime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »

Most importnat strategy in ND: Sell a factory every turn. Only way to make money.

Paul
Lin Goldstein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

ND is a fun game.  Everyone has a country, but there is no map -- nukes go everywhere!
There are minors, like in WWBP (ND came first though) which can be influenced by money
and missiles.  Minors also build missiles and have starting missiles.  There is also a world news,
which can be contributed to anonymously.

The game starts with regular turns until one or more players declare war.  From then on, it is
a battle turn alternating with a regular turn.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length