Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 03:34:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Please note: Anyone posting ads not relating to FBI or FBI games or posting other unsolicited spam will be removed from this forum, will have all their posts removed, and will be banned from rejoining.

*** DO NOT POST SPAM!!! ***

Want to become a member???

Due to the huge amount of spam, registration is now completely manual. To become a member of the board, send an email to:

craig@october.com.au

Please be sure to include some info about the games you play so we know you're serious and not a spammer!! :-) Also choose a username (maybe one of your player names?).
We'll reply with your login details.

+  Flying Buffalo Forums
|-+  Starweb
| |-+  Starweb Rules
| | |-+  Berserker question
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Berserker question  (Read 233 times)
Snotnose

View Profile
Berserker question
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:12:34 AM »

If my berserker drops robots on a world full of someone else's robots, how many do I have to drop to cap the world?  Just 1?  Enough to outnumber the existing robots?
Lin Goldstein

View Profile
Re: Berserker question
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »

Heime says that you will never capture the world.   I know a way to do it,
but even I keep some secrets.

Lin
Snotnose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 01:33:07 PM »

Yeah, when sending my tithe to FBI last week I asked Chuck the same question, robots sitting on the ground are considered to be combatants.  So for 50 robots on the ground I can use 25 ships to make 50 robots and have a 50/50 chance of capturing the world.  50 ships for 100 robots give me a 2/3 chance.

Fark that, I'm just shooting the robots and dropping my own robots into the void.  Is that your secret Lin?
Heime

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 01:39:10 PM »

Shoot the robots off and drop robots is best way.

Chuck may well be right, but rules only say that 2 berserkers dropping robots at same time have a chance at world capture in relation to the number of robots. I'm not certain the program looks for world capture if there are already robots there and I have never heard from anyone who has captured a world that way.
Snotnose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 01:32:06 PM »

Snotnose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 01:35:07 PM »

Interesting.  Posted as I don't trust preview, noticed an error.  Fixed, posted, mt post.  Good thing I've gotten into the habit of cut/paste my comment on this board.

I've had a bit of experience with this lately.  Use one key to shoot the pop off the world, and a Berserker key to drop a few robots.  I only drop 2-4 robots as I'm still not 100% convinced this works, but it's worked 3 out of 3 times since I first asked the question.

In other words, you shoot pop first, then you drop robots.

Another tidbit I recently learned?  If a player drops out of a game with enough metal to keep building I, then if you drop metal on his HW, when the Iships hit 255 the world will start making Pships.  Good to know, but not sure how often this will come into play.

Heime

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 03:14:34 PM »

Attacking pop comes earlier in the order of events than robot attacks, so this should work every time. I've done enough Apostle AP/Berserker Robotizing order combos to know that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length