Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 06:47:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Please note: Anyone posting ads not relating to FBI or FBI games or posting other unsolicited spam will be removed from this forum, will have all their posts removed, and will be banned from rejoining.

*** DO NOT POST SPAM!!! ***

Want to become a member???

Due to the huge amount of spam, registration is now completely manual. To become a member of the board, send an email to:

craig@october.com.au

Please be sure to include some info about the games you play so we know you're serious and not a spammer!! :-) Also choose a username (maybe one of your player names?).
We'll reply with your login details.

+  Flying Buffalo Forums
|-+  Starweb
| |-+  Starweb Games
| | |-+  SW-AM/288
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SW-AM/288  (Read 220 times)
Heime

View Profile
SW-AM/288
« on: June 30, 2017, 01:31:16 PM »

Just finished this slow anonymous multi game.  Any other players want to discuss? Just saw that Craig was in the game, so figured I'd post here as I don't have anyone's email address.

Even though I won as Merchant/Berserker/Apostle, it was tough scoring. Low pop and mines really limited all characters. Plus I had 2 players attacking (more like nibbling my fringes) me at the same time. It was annoying as I didn't want to use ships for defense/war rather than berserker/apostle scoring. I actually had just run out of worlds on the last turn to get kill points for the apostle and would've only killed about 100 pop on someone else's world.

A higher VP end score and Gayle likely would've beat me.

Paul
Lin Goldstein

View Profile
Re: SW-AM/288
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 01:41:06 PM »

Lin Goldstein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 05:34:18 PM »

Looks like there is a new bug in the system -- used to be you could preview and post a message, now preview followed by post deletes your message and posts a blank post.

Anyway, I wasn't in this game, but wonder if Jack Fulmer was; I played a multi anon (non-BE) expecting him to be in it.    He went to war against me (he being a M/P/B, as was clear from his articles on SW), I also a M/P/B.    He went to war against me and did slightly better (mainly because I lost 100 ships or so to an unexpected ambush, but came in last in the standings (perhaps a first for him).    I considered the game a success, since I finished a higher place them him, foiled his signature attack, and timed the game perfectly in helping a M/B/A win and end the game.   In
the end=game, Fulmer was able to swarm and capture worlds in one of my position's territories -- I allowed this to concentrate on gaining points in the rest of my territory; Fulmer found the game most enjoyable despite coming in dead last because he was able to grab the territory.

If Fulmer has quit playing, I might try another game is a M/P/B.     Two of these players in a game,
though, may be too much.

Not previewing this message, or risking a spell check (my spelling is pretty good, though.)

Lin
Heime

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 03:10:50 PM »

Nope, Jack was not in this one.

There were two other MPBs in the game that came in 4 and 5. One of them was attacking my Apostle position with Berserker robot attacks.
Craig Delahoy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 03:39:38 PM »

Yes, I was in that game. Didn't do too well, so I'm trying again in a new game.
Lin Goldstein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 08:01:58 PM »

Paul,

Did you consider the robot attacks by your opponent on your apostle position actually
beneficial to your goals?

Lin
Heime

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 01:47:42 PM »

Lin,

No, the aggressors killing my apostle converts didn't do me any good as I was on a jihad. They were chewing up converts and taking worlds from me. No benefits there.

Paul
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length