Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 02:36:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Please note: Anyone posting ads not relating to FBI or FBI games or posting other unsolicited spam will be removed from this forum, will have all their posts removed, and will be banned from rejoining.

*** DO NOT POST SPAM!!! ***

Want to become a member???

Due to the huge amount of spam, registration is now completely manual. To become a member of the board, send an email to:

craig@october.com.au

Please be sure to include some info about the games you play so we know you're serious and not a spammer!! :-) Also choose a username (maybe one of your player names?).
We'll reply with your login details.

+  Flying Buffalo Forums
|-+  Starweb
| |-+  Starweb Rules
| | |-+  Most annoying feature/bug/rule in Starweb
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Most annoying feature/bug/rule in Starweb  (Read 115 times)
Snotnose

View Profile
Most annoying feature/bug/rule in Starweb
« on: July 09, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »

I'm thinking multi anonymous starweb here.  For me, it the "you can only have 2 gift orders in a turn".  I'm in an endgame and all my keys in enemy territory turn out to be my merchant.  My Pirate is 4 turns away.  In my defense, I honestly thought his home territory would be where my pirates are, how would I know my merchant fleets doubling as probes would find his core?

Lin Goldstein

View Profile
Re: Most annoying feature/bug/rule in Starweb
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 08:54:16 PM »

Part of the game is dealing with the rules.     Managing keys for each character is part of multi-SW.  There is another way to get keys to a character, sending keys to a world, including at least one of the recipient, and transferring all ships to the recipient's key(s).    That you would have a surplus of merchant keys in the end-game is probably poor strategy, too.    So is having 0 rather than even 1 or 2 pirate keys in a theatre.

I'm glad there's that feature, if it's causing you problems.

Snotnose

View Profile
Re: Most annoying feature/bug/rule in Starweb
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:45:14 AM »

The reason my merchant keys are in his core territory is because I don't need them to haul anymore, I figure we're in the end game and all my HWs have 200+ metal sitting on them.  It would have taken 2-3 turns to turn them all into pirate keys.

And did I mention I badly misjudged where I thought his core area would be?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length